Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Update…

This is a very difficult blog to write. If you are reading this, then most likely you already know, but I thought I would at least give an update about what has happened in our lives over the past 3 days.

Rachel and I lost our son, Jacob, who was due to be born on April 3rd. He passed away sometime last week most likely, but due to the advanced nature of the pregnancy, Rachel still had to deliver him. I wish that it were possible to describe the agony that we felt during that time, but suffice it to say that it was the hardest moment of either of our lives.

The support, prayer, and well wishes that we have received from so many people has been so important and amazing to us. Our squadron folks here  in Alamogordo in particular have bent over backwards to help ease our situation as much as they can and have been so amazingly helpful, sincere and sympathetic. We are nearly speechless with the way that God has brought together so many Christians at this difficult time in our lives to help us get through this dark hour.

We will have a memorial service for Jacob on Monday evening for family and friends. We would especially appreciate your prayers during that time as I’m sure it will be very, very difficult. We are deeply grieving, but we also have hope…and for now that is enough.

5 comments:

Alyssa Spring Corley said...

Thanks for the update. I already loved Jacob very much and actually thought about him daily. My thoughts and prayers will be with you all day on monday....

MOM said...

I am SO thankful for the Hope we have as God's children. I hurt for you and Rachel so much yet have been comforted by an odd thought I have had about Jacob (Jake) beating me to heaven where my Mama and Daddy are. They have always loved small children and was blessed to have 5 of their own. Now Jake is with them bringing more joy to them as they wait for us to join them all. I love you Josh and Rachel.

Grammy said...

Dear Josh and Rachel,

I am SO very sorry for your loss. Please know that we are praying for y'all.

With all our love,
Doug and Melody

Anonymous said...

Sometimes our tears are more available than words. Josh and Rachel, we feel your loss and are praying for the sadness to soon vanish for Jacob is with our Sweet Jesus, waiting for your reunion one day.
Papa and Granny Grace

Toplovs said...

Thanks for allowing us to share in your grief and support you through prayer (though we are at a great distance). We have no words that will bring adequate comfort, only that Christ Himself will be your greatest strength and peace.

-Danyelle